Portugal360 Accommodation

Pousada de Condeixa

Condeixa-a-Nova

Pousada de Condeixa

The Pousada of Condeixa stands on what was once the palace of the Almadas, Counts of Avranches and that over many years hosted personalities from the most distinguished European nobility. The 16th century grand house of the noble Almada family was burned down in 1811 during the French Napoleonic invasions. It remained in ruins until the mid-19th century when the Quaresma Lopes family acquired the property and rebuilt the mansion placing on its façade their lineage ́s stone coat of arms that the present building still displays.


In 1937 the property passed to the family of the present proprietor who also owned a late 19th century palace in Lisbon from which originate the neo-renaissance style decoration elements currently present in the Pousada. The existing construction, with a regular and symmetric floor plan in a “pombalino” classic style, was built in 1993 with the purpose of becoming a Pousada; a recent remodelling returned the building to its full nobility.

Rooms